Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 1 of 365

Ok...so I'm out of shape. That's the last negative thing I am going to say about myself.

Today's workout did not go 100% according to plan...therefore, I am deciding that my current plan of action is asking just a little too much of myself. Therefore, as you can see from the post title, I have extended my workout plan from 9 months to a full year.

Here is how I plan on adding the extra time: Any week that I do not feel I satisfactorily completely my goal (this week will probably be included seeing as I didn't even get close to my 3 mile goal) I will simply repeat the week. Adding the three extra months means that I can repeat a week 12 times and still finish at my new goal.

So...I hope you're along for the ride because this adventure has begun and we're 364 days away from the finish line!

Summary of day:

1. Did my weight lifting routine, but not exactly as I had planned. I worked specific muscle zones and even though I didn't do the exact workout I planned (lunges, etc) I still feel proud of the progress.

2. I did all 75 of my crunches in one sitting. The last 25 were alternate heel touches to work my oblique.

3. Like I said, the run did not go well. I actually tripped in the first half mile. The first half mile...because...it was the only half mile. I stopped and finished my mile walking and by that time I was so sore and sick that I stopped. I know I know...I need to push myself. I made the mistake of not stretching enough today, and I hope, as the week goes on, I will be able to push myself further and reach my goals.

Thanks for the faith. See you tomorrow for a (hopefully) better day 2!

No comments: