Monday, December 8, 2008

And again

I never realized how out of shape I was until I decided to get in shape...

Holy crap. Who knew it could be so hard to run for 30 minutes? Who knew it could be so difficult to do 50 sit ups? Well, now I know. On the bright side, my pathetic performance tonight has given me even more motivation to succeed. The first weigh-in is on Wednesday and I've decided either way (higher, lower, or no change at all) I am going to use that number to my advantage (more to come on that topic Wednesday).

Anyway, tonight I ran for approximately 12 minutes (ie: basically what I did yesterday) before stopping. I then continued a walking pace for about 5 more minutes. Ran another lap, decided I wasn't going to do anymore of that, and went on the bike for 10 minutes. After burning 125 calories on the bike (according to its read) I went and tried my sit up routine. As you can deduce from the intro paragraph, it didn't go so well.

It took much longer than I wanted to, and I had to break down the 25 sets into smaller sets after the first 25.

Anyway, I'm not one to be a Debbie Downer, so, like I said, tomorrow is another day and I plan on heading on.

Tomorrow: Run 30 (I hope :D) and 25x3 leg pull ins.

No comments: