Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day One (but really 5)

So I technically started this "adventure" on Wednesday. The plan I found, and decided to stick to, had me working out over the week with the goal of being able to run 2.5 miles by...today.

I started off slow, because I was supposed to start on Monday, but ended up waiting two days. Therefore, you might be able to guess that I was unable to run 2.5 miles today.

When I finally stopped about half way through my goal run, I got pretty down on myself. I felt bad that I was unable to finish the run I wanted to. But then I snapped out of it and realized that I have been doing this for less than a week.

When I started, I had to push myself to even get to half a mile. Today I more than doubled that. That's progress!

I went to do my abdominal work out, and a guy was doing one next to me. When he came up to where I was, he was breathing very heavily. He sort of collapsed to the floor and immediately began his sit up routine. This is my goal. I realized at that moment that maybe I had not pushed myself hard enough to finish my run. I wasn't nearly as exhausted as this guy was when I finished. Now, I'm not naive. I realize that he has probably been working out much longer than I have - but still, it is something to work toward.

So overall, even though I was a little disappointed with my progress today, I am not going to let it discourage me. I realize that I have only been at this since Wednesday and the transition will be slow.

Tomorrow's goal: 30 minutes running/cardio, 25x3 cruch work out

Wish me luck!

No comments: